List of documents required for public relations in Canada


Canada has long been considered one of the most welcoming and hospitable countries in the world. So it’s no surprise that it’s also one of the best choices for immigrants looking to start a new life. The immigration process to Canada can be difficult, but obtaining permanent resident (PR) status in the country can be life-changing. However, before applying for PR, it is essential to know what is the list of documents required to immigrate to Canada. In this blog, let’s look at a complete list of necessary documents required for public relations in Canada.

Checklist of documents required to apply for a PR in Canada

The documents required to apply for permanent residence (PR) in Canada may vary depending on the specific immigration program you are applying to. However, here is a general checklist of public relations materials in Canada that is commonly required:

The applicant must present proof of their identity documents when Canadian public relations process for Canadian authorities to verify the authenticity of details provided by customers.

To confirm the identity of the applicant, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) requires digital photos that meet the specifications of a permanent resident card. These must be passport size and provided by the applicant.

To travel from one country to another, a valid passport is essential. Without this, immigrating from India or any other country to Canada will not be possible. So make sure you have a valid passport before starting the process. To ensure clarity, photographs should depict the face, neck and shoulders in detail.

As per the requirements, a copy of your birth certificate must be attached as a mandatory document. This will serve as a way for the authorities concerned to verify your age. In case you are unable to provide a birth certificate, you can either apply for one or submit any other age-related document.

  • Work experience documents

If you have previous work experience, the candidate must provide relevant experience letters from your previous employers. These experience letters must follow the guidelines provided by each organization. Applicants in high-demand professions may have a better chance of success.

  • Language Proficiency Test (TRF) Result Form

You must prove that you can speak and understand English or French, Canada’s two official languages. This can be achieved by taking one of the approved language tests:


  • international english language testing system (IELTS)
  • Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP).


  • TEF Canada: French assessment test
  • FCT Canada: French knowledge test
  • Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)

You must have your diplomas evaluated by an approved authority to confirm their Canadian equivalence. There are seven different authorities approved under Educational Credential Assessment (ECA). Authorities include:

  • Canadian International Credentials Assessment Service
  • Comparative Education Service – University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies
  • International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS)
  • International Credential Assessment Service – British Columbia Institute of Technology
  • Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada
  • Medical Council of Canada

You must provide proof that you have sufficient funds to support yourself and your family members (if applicable) in Canada. This may include bank statements, employment records and investment statements. Below is the proof of funds that must be presented to Canadian officials with your Canadian PR application.

1 candidate 13,757 CAD 8,49,849 INR (approximately)
2 candidates 17,127 CAD 10,58,033 INR (approximately)
3 candidates 21,055 CAD 13,00,688 INR (approximately)
  • Certificate of appointment from a Canadian province or territory

Obtaining a provincial nomination certificate allows you to apply for permanent resident status in Canada. If you are following a provincial stream that corresponds to Express Entry, obtaining a nomination is equivalent to obtaining an additional 600 Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points.

  • Medical certificate (MCC)

You must undergo a medical examination by a physician approved by the Government of Canada to confirm that you do not pose a risk to the health of the country. Even members of the applicant’s family, whether accompanying them or not, must provide medical examination certificates.

  • Criminal record certificate (PCC)

A police clearance is a document that certifies your clean criminal record or provides a copy of your criminal history. It is used to verify your eligibility for entry to Canada by identifying any potential inadmissibility issues. To consider for permanent residence or citizenship in Canada, you and your accompanying family members must present a police certificate. You must obtain a criminal record certificate from each country or territory in which you have lived for more than six months since the age of 18.

  • Experience letter(s) from previous employers (if applicable)

To receive points for work experience, you (and your spouse) must provide a work experience letter that confirms your work history. This document should be provided by your former employer and should contain information to support your work experience claims, such as position held and length of employment.

  • Civil status certificate (if applicable)

As a married person, it is essential to include your marriage certificate in the list of documents for Canadian immigration. Additionally, your spouse’s education and qualifications can earn you additional points in the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS), improving your chances of successful immigration. Be sure to use your partner credentials to improve your overall CRS experience and ensure a bright future in Canada.

  • If the applicant’s marital status is “married”, he or she must present the marriage certificate.
  • If the applicant’s marital status is “divorced”, he or she must present the legal separation certificate and the divorce certificate.
  • If the applicant’s marital status is “widowed”, he must present the legal separation certificate and the death certificate.
  • If the applicant’s marital status is “common law”, they must submit a separate common law form.
  • Proof of connections in Canada (if applicable)

The Proof of Relationships in Canada document is an official document that confirms the existence of a family or personal relationship between people who are citizens or residents of Canada, which can add an additional CRS score to your profile.

  • Letter of employment in Canada (if applicable)

It is not mandatory to have a job offer letter from a Canadian employer to move to Canada from India or any other country. You have the freedom to immigrate with or without a job offer letter. However, having a valid job offer from any employer can earn you extra points in the CRS and can also give you an edge over other applicants. So, keep this in mind and make sure to include it in your list of required documents if you have one!


In conclusion, immigrating to Canada is a life-changing experience and obtaining PR status is a great way to secure your future. Make sure you prepare the above-mentioned documents correctly and the application process will become smoother and more comfortable. At GreenTree Immigration, we have a dedicated team of professionals who have filed over a thousand applications for permanent residence in Canada and can make your process hassle-free. Contact us for a free consultation and get more information about the PR documents and process.

Leave a comment